Welcome! Cookery Kitchen is an educational food and cooking series for kids and their families. While we hope food lovers of all ages will enjoy Cookery, our mission is to inspire elementary school-aged youth to explore how fun, tasty, and empowering cooking can be.
We believe that all kids have the talent, creativity, and agency to cook delicious, healthy snacks and meals. That’s why we create real recipes for real kids. Within this series, you’ll find engaging and colorful recipes inspired by seasonal produce and by young chefs around the country.
We love kitchen gadgets and our friends over at the Kitchen Gadget Lab blog have shared a lot of their favorite tools with us so make sure you check that out for more info. You can also find them on Tumblr.
All of our recipes are free and downloadable, making it easy to print on a home or library computer. That way, you can easily bring recipes into the kitchen for culinary adventures with the kids in your life. Have fun and happy cooking!
Here at Cookery Kitchen, we believe that:
- Cooking should be fun! Take your time and enjoy the process.
- Practicing safety is essential. Kids, be sure to seek help from adults before handling the heat (ovens, stovetops, hot water, hot food, etc.) and sharp tools (knives, peelers, etc.).
- Trying new foods is an adventure! We encourage everyone to try something at least once.
- It’s okay to like something—and it’s okay to not like something. Your opinion is valuable! If you like food, feel free to say, “That’s delicious!” If you’re not a fan of food, feel free to say, “That’s not for me.” We encourage you to consider what it is you like—or don’t like—about that food to bring with you to future cooking.
- Experimenting can be a fun and educational way to learn about what works, what doesn’t, what you like, and what you don’t like. Use all of your five senses to fully experience the process, from prepping ingredients to enjoying the final product!