Egg bhurji also known as "Anda bhurji" is a dish originating from Indian sub-continent. It is a spicy and flavourful scrambled eggs recipe, which is quite famous in the streets of Northern india. It is also compared with the Parsi dish named "akuri". It is usually served with roti, naan or bread.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Big Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 Medium Capsicum (Finely Chopped)
- 2-3 Green chillies (As per the taste)(Chopped)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds(Jeera)
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves (For garnishing)
- salt (As per taste)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder(Haldi)
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder (As per taste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1)Heat a non-stick pan, put 2 tbsp, let it heat.2)Add cumin seeds(Jeera), let it crackle and then add green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.3)Now add onions, saute till its golden brown.4)Add capsicum, saute for 2 minutes.(Dont saute it too much, let it be crunchy)5)Now put Eggs in it(skin removed) and add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and start mixing it very fast with the help of spatula and do not stop mixing till the eggs get bhurji like texture.6)Cover it with the lid for 2 minutes on slow flame.7)Garnish with coriander leaves.8)Ready to eat.