Saanjh savera means evening-morning which shows the contrast of colours in the koftas.spinach kofta balls are stuffed with paneer. This dish was first made by the world famous chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
- 100 gms Paneer (Grated)
- 2 big Potato (Boiled and Meshed)
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Cashewnuts(Kaju) (For stuffing)
- kishmish (For stuffing)
- Salt (As per taste)
- 2-3 tsp Refined flour
- 2-3 tsp Cornflour
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp kasoori meethi
- 1 cup Milk
- Red chilli powder (As per taste)
- Turmeric powder
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 cup Spinach (boiled and puree)
- 4-5 big Tomatoes(roasted) (puree)
- 1½ tbsp cashew paste
- 8-10 Garlic cloves (Paste)
- 1 inch ginger (Paste)
- 2 Green chillies (Paste)
- 5-6 Onion (Julian cut)
- 1 tej-patta
- ½ tsp jeera
- 1 Badi-elaichi (seedless)(Only skin)
- 10-12 Cashews (For paste)
- TOMATO PASTE;1)Take a pan, put oil, ¼ tsp jeera, 4-5 tomatoes(julian cutting), red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, dhaniya powder, saute it for 2-3 minutes. Then make its puree in the mixer(dont add water)CASHEW PASTE;1)Boil cashews in water for 15 minutes. Then wash it in clean water and grind it in mixer with 2-3 tsp of water(Dont make it very thin).ONION PASTE;1)Take 5-6 onions(julian cutting). Deep fry it till its brown(Not dark brown) and then grind it in mixer with little bit of water.GREEN PASTE;1)Take Ginger, Garlic, Chilli and make its paste in the mixer.FOR GRAVY:1)Heat oil in a pan.2)Add whole garam masala(jeera, dalchini, tej patta,badi-elaichi).3)Add green paste and saute for 2 minutes.4)Add tomato paste,saute for 4-5 minutes.5)Add brown paste.6)Add cashew paste, saute for 2-3 minutes till its water dries up.7)Add red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder(haldi), kasoori meethi, garam masala and mix them well.8)Add fresh cream and milk.9)Cover the lid for 5 minutes and keep it on a slow flame.(Consistency of the gravy should be thick)10)Gravy is ready.
- FOR KOFTA: NOTE: #KOFTA IS MADE IN TWO LAYERS, THE OUTER LAYER IS GREEN IN COLOUR THAT IS BECAUSE OF SPINACH PASTE, AND THE INNER LAYER IS WHITE IN COLOUR THAT IS BECAUSE OF GRATED PANEER.FOR OUTER LAYER(green colour);1)Take a deep bowl, put meshed potatoes in it, spinach paste, salt, red chilli powder, pinch jeera, garam masala(pinch), 2-3 spoons of conflour(for binding), 50 grams grated paneer, 2 tsp maida, mix everything properly and make dough(it should not be watery).FOR INNER LAYER(white colour);1)50 Grams grated paneer ,salt , red chilli powder.LAYERING;1)Take 1 tbsp(tablespoon) of green stuffing in your hand, roll it into a ball and then flaten it, now stuff it with the white paneer stuffing in the center and also put 1 kishmish(raisin) in between, now roll it and cover it properly with green stuffing.2)Coat it in maida powder, and deep fry it.
- SERVING:TAKE A FANCY SERVING BOWL, IN THAT PUT THE GRAVY, NOW TAKE THE KOFTAS AND CUT IT INTO TWO PIECES, AND THEN PUT IT ABOVE THE GRAVY, AND GARNISH WITH FRESH CREAM AND FRESH CORIANDER LEAVES.